Monday, December 27, 2010

Goodness me!


Onion buds

Shungiku, edible chrysanthemum.

It seems that this blog has been viewed 999 times ( I'll conveniently forget that every time I look at it to do some editing that counts as a view) and I find that hard to believe!

So in true internet style, I'm going to give the 1000th person to have a gander at this, providing they can get to the Tas Farm Gate market in Hobart on the second or 4th Sunday of the month, a little thank-you box of plants. I will have no way of knowing who the 1000th person is, so if you are the very next person to leave a comment, (and maybe the person after that too as 1001 is a fine looking number) I'll put together a few little treats for you.

It is hard to believe that people read my musings, but you have, and I thank you for that!! This blog is a way for me to promote my business, share my philosophies and methods, but most of all it's a way for me to sort my thoughts out. I sit down to write something and then I have to make those ideas into something cohesive with practical applications. And I have to research what I write as well, so while I'm ranting, I'm also learning. And when people share their thoughts I learn even more!

Brooty, our Pea Combed, Rhode Island Red mother hen, due on 13th of January


So thank you interweb-land people, and I hope your Christmas was merry and that your New Year is joyous and bountiful! See you in 2011!!



Comfrey flowers. See that little hole at the top of the flower tube? That is how a bumble bee takes a shortcut. I worry about the effect these flower bullies will have on pollination, ripping flowers apart like this to get the nectar instead of crawling in as they are meant to and spreading pollen as they go.
Blushing red currants
Blushing strawberries
Roman chamomile

6 comments:

  1. Keep up the great posts Paulette. I always enjoy reading them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you are Mr 1000 Jonno! You might have to pick your own goodies out I think, since you have a garden full already! Maybe some Banksia marginata to grow on for rootstock? Thanks for the nice words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely idea Paulette! This is just the start for your blog, I am sure. It is really lovely and very useful too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kate 1001! Now I'll have to think up some goodies you don't already have......maybe some sea celery, native pepper and saffron?? Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Worry not Paulette! - we all love reading it (though I am a few weeks late).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks John, that's really kind of you. I'll try to stop worrying now....!!

    ReplyDelete